Welcome to the Manuel Library's guide for criminal justice research! This guide is designed to help CU students get started on their research in criminal justice and criminology. By clicking on the tabs to the left, you'll find different kinds of resources like dictionaries, journals, and databases.
If you have any questions or suggestions for this guide, contact us at email@example.com!
Reference works like dictionaries and encyclopedias are excellent sources of general information about a topic. They contain brief articles about basic terms, ideas, and people that are important in their subject. This page lists some of the electronic and print reference books the library owns.
- Encyclopedia of Criminal Justice Ethics
- Encyclopedia of Criminological Theory
- Encyclopedia of Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Encyclopedia of Law Enforcement
- Encyclopedia of Race and Crime
- Encyclopedia of Street Crime in America
- Encyclopedia of Terrorism
- The Oxford Handbook of Ethnicity, Crime, and Immigration
- Wiley Handbooks in Criminology and Criminal Justice: The Handbook of Race, Ethnicity, Crime, and Justice
- Wiley Handbooks in Criminology and Criminal Justice: The Handbook of Homicide
- World of Criminal Justice
The library’s discovery search will combine results from many of the library’s databases. However, searching individual databases can help you narrow your search if you are getting to many results. Here are the library databases that will have the most resources dedicated to criminal justice topics.
- Academic Search Ultimate
- APA PsycINFO
- JSTOR - note that JSTOR results are not integrated into the library’s discovery search, so you'll have to search go directly to JSTOR if you want those results.
Other databases are freely available on the web, like these:
The library subscribes to many journals in the area of criminal justice, including these top scholarly journals:
- Crime and Delinquency, 1955-present (Full Text Delay: 3 Years)
- Criminology, 1971-present (Full Text Delay: 2 Years)
- International Journal of Information Security and Cybercrime, 2012-present
- Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice, 1999-present
To find more publications in the library's subscriptions, use our publication finder.